Some of you guys follow me on Twitter and I have been talking about some new and exciting changes and services that we are going to start offering here at the farm. This post is going to explain some of the new things that are happening here.
1. First off, we have a YouTube channel. We will be doing monthly giveaways, talking about horse ownership tips, barrel racing tips and exercises, and critiquing products we use. If you have any topics you would like to see covered, please let us know.
2. We have a new horse trailer. We will be renting it to our customers so they can travel to shows without us. Sometimes we have conflicting schedules so now my students can haul to rodeos even if I have an open barrel race somewhere else. I am super excited to offer this service as it will give my clients even more of a chance to shine! We will also be offering the trailer for rent to the general public as long as it is not being used by a client. If you are in the SC area and need a trailer for a day or weekend, please contact us for details.
3. Horse Show Coaching. Have you ever wished you had a personal coach at an event to help you evaluate the courses, discuss your strengths and those of your horse. Brittany will be at many events around the East Coast this year and will offer personalized coaching. She’ll meet with you during warm up to discuss your concerns for the day and then before each ride you will meet to discuss any problems you may encounter and how to make the best run based on your particular skill level and that of your horse.
4. Internships. It is time to start thinking about summer internships. We will be offering horse training internships this summer. This will be a Horse Training Internship. It will be available to anyone age 15 and up. Previous experience is required. The internship will consist of helping with chores, riding horses, starting horses, attending shows or barrel races, and assisting with lessons. If you are interested you can also bring your own horse to the internship. Our program will run from May to August. We will be accepting no more than 2 interns at a time. We will provide housing and meals for the interns. Internships can last from 1 week to 8 weeks. While you are here you will get real-world experience and improve your horsemanship skills. Preference will be given to college students pursing Equine Degrees and will work with the university to ensure our program meets your needs. Special pricing will be given to college interns. A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to secure your internship and a discount will be given if you pay the entire amount up-front. To gain an internship position you will need to provide a video of you catching, saddling, bridling and riding your horse (walk, trot, and lope), and any other information you feel you’d like to include for consideration. Videos may be submitted by YouTube, email or mailed via DVD. To be considered for an internship the application is due by March 28, 2014. Please email with any questions or to request an application.
5. Clinics. We have clinics scheduled at the farm for the spring, summer, and fall. We do not have dates set for summer and fall but will be getting dates set soon. At the moment the clinics will be one day clinics. If there is interest in a 3 day weekend clinic please let me know and we will get one scheduled. We can also travel for clinics so if you are interested in hosting a clinic please contact us. Clinics are great fundraisers. Our spring clinic will be held at Wishing Winds Ranch on Saturday April 26, 2014. We will only accept a limited number of participants so if you are interested, please contact us soon. Horses will be available to rent for the day if you do not have a horse or cannot haul to us. All clinic participants will receive a goody bag and one on one instruction.
6. Indoor Training and Lessons. We have partnered with a nearby indoor arena so if there are several days of inclement weather while your horse is in training, we haul to the local indoor so your horse still gets the training time he needs. We have a small indoor area to ride in at the farm, but sometimes your horse needs more work on the pattern so we will haul to the indoor. We also can haul indoors for lessons if we need to so that we can make lessons work whenever is best suited for the student.
7. Online lessons. We now offer online lessons. You can do your lessons one of two ways. First you can do a live lesson via Skype. This will be where I actually watch you ride and give you feed back as you are on your horse. The second option is where you video yourself and you can choose to have an audio and notes lessons where you send a video to me and get audio and written notes to work on. With the second option you can also choose to have a video response where I ride one of my horses and show you exercises I would make you do if you were having a one on one in person lesson with me.
I am very excited to start offering all of these new services and really hope they help our clients become even more successful. Please contact us for more information on any of these services.